Last week, while we were visiting, my mom asked “us kids” what we thought about the Kindle. “Yeah, like I need to carry around another piece of electronic STUFF,” was my response. The truth is, I kind of like the idea of an iPad, eReader, some third thing that is especially designed for reading, after all, I like books, I like to read, and I like the idea of a hand held lightweight device for doing that reading on.… continued...
It was my fault. I wrecked them by letting the tide catch me, but until the salt of the Pacific destroyed them, my Merrell mary janes were the “don’t leave home without them” shoes. I had worn down the soles but good by wearing them, well, everywhere. They were functional, I could wear them to ride my bike or to guide my guests all over the cobblestones of Salzburg. They were cute enough to wear with a skirt or dress if I needed to clean up.… continued...
- Charge camera batteries
- Empty CF cards
- Check Seat Guru for bad seats
- Check in for outbound flight on line
- Print boarding pass
- Gather contact phone numbers including 800 numbers for airlines
- Update the iPod
- Set the alarm clock
- Leave itinerary with at least two people
- Check weather at destination
- Gather creature comforts for the flight: snacks, reading material, travel slippers, etc…
- Check TSA and airline sites for absurd new requirements
- Decide what to wear on the plane
- Calm down, already