“The blog posts that were read at the TBEX community keynotes were as well-written and meaningful as anything I’ve read in glossy travel magazines lately.” — Here Comes Everybody: TBEX 10 || Chris Around the World
“…it struck me as the perfect bookend to the panel on travel writing: examples of great stories in action. And I want more more more!” – We Tell Ourselves Stories in Order to Live* – TBEX’10 Wrap Up || Allison Stein Wellner, Perceptive Travel
The links in the list below go to the original blog posts we selected for the TBEX community keynote. In almost every case, we asked the writer to edit for brevity, so the versions you heard at TBEX vary from the versions you’ll find online. Go, tell these people how much you loved their work.
- Eileen Smith: Bear Shaped Sphere and the Terrible No Good Very Bad Never Ending Journey
- Conner Gorry: Cuba’s Secret Weapon: Little Old Ladies
- Sophia Dembling: The Making of a Flyover American
- Joshua Johnson: All Aboard! A Tale of a Curious Swimmer
- Leigh Shulman: Homecoming Is as a Bittersweet Chocolate Truffle
- Shelly Smith: We are Backpackers [Video]
- Mike Sowden: Breathe
- David Frey: Why I’m Stalking Hemingway
- Lauren Quinn: Vomit Ride through Heat Land
When you’re done leaving comments, come back here and let me know what you thought of the keynote. Too long? Fell asleep? Wanted more? Wished you were in and wonder why you didn’t submit your own story? Want to know more about what we were looking for? Anything else besides “Wow, you sure garbled the pronunciation of Essouaria!” It’s no excuse, but, reading after you’ve had all the moisture sucked out of your body by a New York summer is hard work.
In the comments, please. Thanks.